Sew: A needle pulling thread Part 2

My mom mailed the bumper to me and it arrived a couple days ago. Ever since it's arrival my (swollen) fingers have been working away to finish it! I am just so excited to see the finished look that I just keep sewing even if it's midnight and/or my back is aching.
I am feeling really good about how it is turning out. Yes, if you look closely at it you will find lots of flaws in my hand stitched trim and pieces of fabric that were not cut straight, but it's really okay. This is the first thing in my life that I have actually sewn & I'm proud of it either way!
The act of sewing is therapeutic and self-gratifying. Every time I finish a section or the piece of thread I had started it feels so good. My Little Bean, whether boy or girl, will one day look back at these pictures of his/her young mama just sewing away in eager anticipation for his/her arrival. :)
I just absolutley love my colors and my fabrics. It is going to look so great all together! I am just a little over a yard from having the trim completely done & all I will have left to do are the ties to attach it to the crib. Yay! :)
As soon as I'm done and have a crib mattress I will put the whole ensemble together & post some pics, but it may be a couple of weeks.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Cant wait to see the finished product! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts