Fear V. Green

I like to "go green." I am not the best at it, I am not an extremist, I could definitely do better. But I try.


I like to recycle.
Cloth diaper. (this does use water that would be saved if I used disposable.. well you can't win 'em all)
Turn off the water while brushing my teeth.
Unplug things.
Buy products made from recycled fibers and materials over those that are not.
Reduce. Re-use. Et cetera.


However...
When Lee is gone every light in the house is on day and night.
Okay not every light.
But, if we're being honest here, I am afraid of the dark. (even when Lee is here). I can hardly stand to walk in to a dark house so if I am leaving and going to be coming home after it is dark I leave the porch light on, a lamp in the living room, the kitchen light, and the light in the stairwell on. I know--it is definitely not green friendly. For this I apologize. Yet despite the greatest argument when it comes down to going green vs facing the dark & hopefully empty house by myself I'd like to be able to see... so fear wins. So very sorry earth. I'll do my best to make up for it somehow. 


A week without a shower?

Comments

Popular Posts