Ketchup

July 18th was the last time I posted... just 2 days shy of Lydia Jane's 1st birthday. Since the 18th. . .

....Lydia Jane turned one

... we celebrated Lydia's birthday by having a slamming huge pool party at Carl & Stephanie Warkentin's with over 100 guests. It rocked! (but she is never having a party that big again until her wedding day)

...said our sad goodbyes to RMBC

....said even sadder goodbyes to Lee's family

...loaded up all of our belongings into a trailer

...filled our Pontiac Torrent with our family of three plus our two dogs and drove halfway across the country

....Lee started his new job at Tabor College

....unloaded our trailer (while Lee was at work) and were totally bummed to find quite a few things were damaged. (It was a good lesson of "it's just stuff")

....started putting our house together (still working on this but we are having a great time making this house look just the way we want it... I love it!!!)

....hosted the Wilker's for a weekend while they moved their two kids into Tabor (Trent a freshman and Alexa a transfer Junior)

...Lee's sister had her sweet baby Kenneth Eduardo Zamora and we can hardlly wait to meet him when we go to Bakersfield in November for Kelly's (Lee's mom) wedding.

....meanwhile I wrote and turned in my 35 page thesis for my masters: an action research plan for determining how improving the work enviornment of Houston, Texas CPS agencies could potentially increase efficiency. It was A LOT of work and is the main reason I have lacked in my blogging. I turned it in on Aug 21st and just got my grade yesterday... drum roll please..... 95%. Dr.Dixon said I exceeded expectations across the board. This was awesome to read after putting in so much time and energy.

I recently read a friend's blog and she was catching up after over a year of not writing. She expressed how, due to her job, she often felt overwhelmed with having to deal with any form of communication. Her feelings resonated with me. While working on my masters there have been many times where simply looking at the computer, checking my email, or browsing facebook has just been too much. In fact, it's why I mostly check email or facebook on my phone instead of the computer. But today is the official first day of my last class in my Masters of Public Administration. In 12 weeks I will be officially done!!

...I started watching Alexandria Lee on August 22 and I take care of her from 8 to 5 Monday through Thursday. It's going great.

That is a brief summary of all that has happened since my last post.

We are loving this new journey in Hillsboro and I am so thankful that it feels so right to be here. There was a time when Hillsboro, while full of wonderful memories and the start of many important friendships, was a place that reminded me of heartache. It stung with reminders of a painful break-up and washed over me the feelings associated with the car accident on Jan 2 of 2006. But somehow, over five years, I healed. Thanks to God of course. And now, He has brought me back to this place, and it, along with me, has been redeemed.

We are attending Hillsboro Mennonite Brethren Church (aka: The Big MB) which is the church that Dennis Fast pastored at while living here. Dennis is the pastor of RMBC where we just moved from. I love the Mennonite connections. :) We are in a great Sunday school class and Lee is already getting plugged in to help with teaching at Wed night youth groups during this transition time while the church looks for a new youth pastor. God just continues to bless us.

I am eager to post pictures of our wonderful home, but truthfully, I just haven't had the time. Some pictures have been taken, but they are not on the computer yet, and even then once they are on the computer I need to put them on photobucket in order to put them on here more quickly. There just isn't always a lot of time for that in between child care, normal house work, and the additional housework of painting projects, et cetera.

So I promise that soon I will post pictures of our new home and of my sweet Lydia Jane. She is doing so much. Her favorite words right now are: No (this is the one she says the most), Sit (which she has heard us say to the dogs and she now says it to the dogs, as well as Lexi), and Duke. She is quite the talker and also says Hi Puppy, Hi Papa (which we have been practicing and will be very fun to share with both of her Papas), Mom, Dad, and she frequently sounds like she is saying 'What is it?' But I don't think she really is.

Any day now she will be walking all on her own, but for now she wants us to hold her hands so she can walk everywhere or she pushes her dinosaur or cart around to walk.

Here are some links to a few of my favorite videos of her:

Lydia Jane goes on a walk
Going for a ride
Lydia Jane dancing and playing with Lexi

I will post again soon--less broad and brief--but just doing this is a huge accomplishment!! Next time there will be pictures. :) . . . . .maybe



Comments

Popular Posts