I'm so glad you were born

Lydia Jane,

I'll admit I was overwhelmed when two little pink lines stared up at me that Saturday morning, but you have been God's greatest surprise in my life. Of course, you are your mother's daughter and wanted to make an entrance, so you showed up a month early when your dad was out of town. That's my girl, keeping things exciting. But don’t worry; your dad wouldn’t have missed it for the world. He made it to your arrival with fifteen minutes to spare.

The day you were born is imprinted in my heart. It is my fondest memory and my greatest adventure: The pain, the sweat, the fear, the unexpectedness of it. Giving birth to you was the most physically painful, the most empowering, and the most rewarding thing I have ever done. It was the first of many journeys together and I wouldn't trade it or a single day with you for anything in the world.

Every day you are learning something new and I love witnessing your every accomplishment and discovery. I am so blessed to be your mom. When you curl up contently in my arms I sometimes wish you would stay this way forever. Someday, when you look down at a baby of your own and feel the world’s weight in love as you whisper ‘I’m so glad you were born’, you can delight in knowing that I feel the same way about you.

-Mom


This is my entry in the Cotton Babies Mother's Day Promotion
Check out the contest and enter for yourself!

Comments

  1. oh this makes me tear up. it is so true. it is the best blessing in the world to be a mom and to love so deeply. we truly are blessed. i love you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a beautiful letter to Lydia Jane! it is so special! i can't wait until she can read it as i know she will cherish it! i love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts